Message from Professor Gemma Stacey – Deputy CEO
Please accept our very warm welcome to your Florence Nightingale Leadership Programme. This document outlines all the key information you will need to make the most of this opportunity. It includes the learning outcomes for the overall programme and each individual session.
The Florence Nightingale Foundation along with Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust are pleased to offer a leadership programme to nurses from diverse backgrounds working at Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust. This course seeks to support career aspiration and confidence from Band 5 upwards.
The content is adapted to respond to the leadership level of the participants however the over arching learning outcomes are as follows:
- Demonstrate enhanced awareness of how personality preferences influence personal effectiveness and performance in teams
- Identify and critically appraise opportunities to influence through personal and collective authority
- Develop strategies to express self in a manner which communicates presence, enables influence and has impact
- Explore personal compassion and courage and develop tools for staying effective under pressure
- Formulate and put into practice transformation plans which contribute to improved outcomes for patients and staff underpinned by evidence and quality improvement methodology
Programme Manager – Sharon Thomas
Academy Coordinator – Afia Julius
If you have any questions or concerns before or during your time on the programme, please feel free to contact us at the following address.
Email: [email protected]
You must include the name of your leadership programme and your cohort (if applicable) in the subject line, and someone will respond to assist you. If you are calling FNF about your programme, please state your name, Leadership Programme, cohort, email address and phone number in the voicemail.
We hope you find your journey a truly transformational experience and develop the foundations and networks to realise your leadership potential
The Florence Nightingale Foundation (FNF) is an anti-racist organisation. It firmly believes in the inherent worth and dignity of every individual and is committed to opposing all forms of racism and discrimination. We recognise that racism has a long and painful history, the legacy of which continues to leave deep scars on our society. To create a more equitable future, we must first acknowledge the past and learn from it.
Link to full statement Anti-racism – Florence Nightingale Foundation