Florence
Nightingale
Foundation

Hello

Online Forums FNF Group 3A Forum Hello

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Elder

I thought I would start the ball rolling….
    I am Gordon, I trained in Belfast and moved to England many years ago. I have a very diverse clinical and operational background.

I have a few titles, Regional Chief Nursing information officer North East & Yorkshire, NHS England and I do this 3 days per week. I am also an Associate Director of Nursing & CNIO for Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals.

I am a Digital Scholar and have a real passion on how nurses can immensely improve the digital agenda for patients.

Gordon

#27974 Reply
    Jane Winter

HiGordon
    Nice to meet you yesterday, and everyone else.
    I am Jane, I am the Lead for Nurses and AHPs for Wessex Cancer Alliance. My background is as a Consultant Nurse in Gastrointestinal Cancer at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust and have been a Clinical Academic for many years with a senior research fellow role at Southampton University in the Faculty of Health Sciences. I have held a number of roles also but predominantly in the cancer field.
    My Scholarship work is all around developing similar roles across NHSE in other Cancer Alliances and demonstrating the impact the roles can have across all of the programmes of work contained in the Cancer Alliances portfolios.
    Looking forward to working with everyone!
    best wishes
    Jane

#27976 Reply
    Barbara Farquharson

Hi Gordon and Jane
    Nice to make everyone yesterday but such a shame our time was cut short. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I’m a Senior Research Fellow at the NMAHP Research Unit, University of Stirling, currently funded on a British Heart Foundation Career Development Fellowship. I was a clinical general nurse for 15 years working in general medicine, CCU, HIV prevention, Cardiac Rehabilitation and NHS 24 so I have a broad range of frontline experience. I’ve worked in University sector for 14 years now, mostly part-time.

I’m an accidental academic, came across an opportunity to do a funded PhD without really understanding what it was! I was exceptionally fortunate to be allocated a PhD supervisor that has been an amazing mentor to me and really gave me the research bug. I get a real kick from developing new ideas, close attention to detail and ability to plan carefully in advance really suits me but I think has perhaps let my pre-existing perfectionism get out of control!

How would people feel about a whatsapp group as a way to keep in touch/ask each other questions? If people would like that I’ll set one up?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hello
Your information: